TENNIS - Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer both reached the final in the ATP Masters Series in Rome on Saturday. Nadal has reached the final in Rome for a record eighth time.
FOOTBALL - On Saturday, the penultimate matchday of the 2012/2013 Portuguese Liga Sagres season features the top two ranked teams, FC Porto and Benfica, who are both still undefeated, facing each other. Should this match be drawn, it becomes very likely that FC Porto complete an undefeated season and miss out on the championship. This has occurred once in the Portuguese top flight. In 1977/1978 undefeated Benfica came second.
FORMULA 1 - At the Grand Prix of Bahrain, Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber are slated to make their 200th career Grand Prix start and will become the 12th and 13th drivers to reach this platform. Click on the picture below to see our full Infographic.
The first golf major of the year, The Masters, begins on Thursday, 11 April at the Augusta National Golf Club. Tiger Woods is back to his winning ways and looks ready to continue his pursuit of the Majors records held by Jack Nicklaus.
FOOTBALL - The following are some key facts and figures on a selected assortment of matches in the Bundesliga this weekend. The matches we have looked into are VfL Wolfsburg - Fortuna Düsseldorf, Borussia Dortmund - SC Freiburg and Bayer Leverkusen - Bayern München.
RUGBY UNION - The final matchday of the 2013 Six Nations Championship will take place on Saturday 16 March. Action kicks off in Rome, where Italy host Ireland. Then it is off to Cardiff for the championship decider between Wales and England and to close matters out Scotland travel to France on Saturday night. Key facts and figures below.
TENNIS - Roger Federer will face Rafael Nadal in the quarterfinals of Indian Wells. Remarkably, of the 28 previous singles meetings between the two, NONE came at the quarterfinal stage. They met in finals (19), semifinals (7), Last 32 (1) and Round Robin (1). Nadal leads the series 18-10. The last meeting between the two came in last year’s semifinals at Indian Wells. Federer triumphed.
FOOTBALL – Málaga will take on FC Porto in the Champions League round of 16, 2nd leg, on Wednesday, 13 March, at Estadio La Rosaleda, Málaga. Málaga played 19 European club competition matches thus far (10W-7D-2L), Porto 328 (156W-67D-105L). We have several key stats on this match listed below.
FOOTBALL – On Wednesday, 13 March, Bayern München will face Arsenal in the Champions league round of 16, 2nd leg, at the Allianz Arena. With a 3-1 away win in the bag, Bayern have a 98% chance of reaching the next round this CL season. Arsenal have a 2% chance of progressing to the next round, based on previous matches. We have several key stats on this match listed below.
FOOTBALL – On Tuesday, 12 March, Gelsenkirchen, Germany, will play host to the Champions league match round of 16, 2nd leg, Schalke 04 v Galatasaray. In KO rounds of European club competitions, Galatasaray has been eliminated five times against German teams – by Bayern München in 1972/1973 (CC), FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen in 1985/1986 (CWC), Werder Bremen in 1991/1992 (CWC), Bayer Leverkusen in 2007/2008 (UEFA) and Hamburger SV in 2008/2009 (UEFA). We have several key stats on this match listed below.
FOOTBALL – On Tuesday, 12 March, FC Barcelona will face AC Milan in the Champions league round of 16, 2nd leg, at Camp Nou. Milan and Barcelona met four times last season: 2-2 in Camp Nou, 2-3 in San Siro in the group phase and 0-0 in San Siro, 3-1 Camp Nou in the quarterfinals. Lionel Messi scored three penalty goals in these four matches. We have several key stats on this match listed below.
FOOTBALL - The following are some key facts and figures on a selected assortment of matches in the Bundesliga this weekend. The matches we have looked into are Schalke 04 - Borussia Dortmund, Borussia Mönchengladbach - Werder Bremen and VfB Stuttgart - Hamburger SV.