RUGBY UNION – The 2015 Six Nations Championship will get underway this Friday, February 6. We have lined up Five Fast Facts for the opener between Wales and England.
- Wales hosting England on a Friday night in the opening match to a Six Nations season was the exact scenario by which the proceedings started in 2011. This season now ranks as the only one of the previous 11 in which England won the tournament. They beat Wales 26-19 in that opener.
- This a matchup between the teams that have secured most outright championship wins in the Home/Five/Six Nations with both on 26.
- Gethin Jenkins is one of 12 Wales players to have won the Grand Slam on three occasions in the Home/Five/Six Nations. He could become the only Wales player to secure four, should his team win all five matches.
- Leigh Halfpenny was the leading points scorer in the Six Nations Championship in both 2012 and 2013 and has led his team in scoring in each of the last three seasons.
- England’s track record in Six Nations in three seasons with Stuart Lancaster in charge: 12 wins and three defeats. Two of those three defeats were suffered against Wales.
Want to know more about the 2015 Six Nations championship? Or about our products and services for the media that we will providing during the 2015 Rugby World Cup? Feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org